Apricot face and body exfoliating scrub
This apricot scrub is great for any skin type and can be used for face and body as well. It will leave your skin very soft, nourished, hydrated and well exfoliated.
Apricots are very high in vitamin A including several beneficial carotenes. Carotenes are powerful antioxidants that are essential for healthy skin. Apricots are also a good source of vitamin C, another antioxidant great for clear and glowing skin.
- 1 apricot
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (preferably organic)
- Place the apricot, oats and honey in a food processor and pulse until you reach a mask like consistency. But it doesn't have to be totally smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a small bowl and add the sugar.
- Blend it into the mixture and use it right away, otherwise the sugar will melt and the peeling effect will be lost.
- Use it as you would any other scrub. Gently massage it into the face in circular motion. You can leave it on for a while as this is a great mask as well.
- Rinse with warm water.
If you have very sensitive skin, it's probably better to avoid the sugar and just use the oats to exfoliate. If you won't be using the sugar, make sure the oats don't grind completely. It's best to leave them in smaller pieces to be able to exfoliate the skin.