Apple walnut cake - gluten-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar
This cake does not require any baking skills. It's very easy to make and contains simple yet nutritious ingredients. It is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. It can also be made grain-free by substituting the oat flour by coconut flour.
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (or coconut flour)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 coarsely grated apples
- 1/3 cup finely grated walnuts
- In a mixer, beat the eggs.
- Add the maple syrup, almond butter and mix.
- Add the flours, baking soda and mix.
- Once the batter is pretty smooth, add the apples and walnuts and lightly mix it together.
- Transfer the batter into a greased baking dish.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven in 365 F (185 C) for about 35 - 40 minutes or until done.
Top with melted chocolate, coconut flakes, nuts and seeds or anything else you desire!