Banana sweet rice with blueberries - gluten-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar
Just another idea for easy breakfast especially if you have some leftover rice. It is gluten-free, dairy-free with no added sugar and contains only 5 simple ingredients.
- 4 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 4 eggs (organic, pastured and cage-free preferable)
- 1 cup milk of your choice (almond, coconut, etc.)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- If you don't have any leftover rice, cook the rice in salted water until done.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs together with mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the cooked rice into the mixture.
- Add the blueberries and gently blend them in.
- Transfer into a greased or non-stick baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven in 385 F (200 C) for about 25 - 30 minutes.
Can be eaten warm or cold. Top with fresh fruit, nuts and seeds, coconut flakes or anything else your heart desires.