Carrot, ginger, turmeric, sweet potato soup
This nutrient rich soup is delicious, easy and quick to make and has so many health benefits that you just need to include it in your diet. It's full of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, fiber and many other anti-inflammatory compounds that will keep you fit and healthy. It's great as a cancer and heart disease prevention, it's amazing for your eye and skin health, awesome for digestion and gut health and weight loss management.
Makes about 2 - 3 servings.
- 2 cups peeled and cut carrots
- 1 cup peeled and cut sweet potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cut small onion
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 inch grated fresh ginger
- 1 inch grated fresh turmeric
- sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Place the carrots, garlic, onion and coconut oil in a baking dish and season with sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Once done, transfer into a blender or a food processor.
- Add grated fresh ginger, turmeric and water.
- Blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Add more salt if needed or any other seasoning of your choice.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and ready to serve.