Chocolate cookies - grain-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar
Nutrient dense cookies? Yes, please! Fiber, protein, antioxidants, omega-3 fats, vitamin E, vitamin A, B6 and B2, magnesium, copper, manganese, molybdenum, zinc and folic acid can be found in this healthy treat. Easy, delicious and very quick to make!
Makes 16 medium size cookies.
- 3 cups mixed raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- 1 egg (can even be made without the egg)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbs raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (the cookies are not very sweet so add little more if you want them sweeter)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Place the nuts in a food processor and process until you get smaller pieces (you can soak the nuts overnight for better digestion).
- Add the melted coconut oil, cacao (or cocoa powder), maple syrup and process until smoother.
- Add the egg and flour and process again until a cookie dough consistency is reached.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and transfer it to the lined cookie sheet.
- With a spoon, press it down to form a cookie shape.
- Bake in pre-heated oven in 350 F (180 C) for about 12 - 15 minutes.