Chocolate pie - grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
Another delicious and healthy pie to try. It contains great ingredients and it's easy and quick to make.
Ingredients for the crust
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup hazelnut meal or almond meal
- 3 - 4 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions for the crust
- Put all the ingredients except for the egg in a food processor and pulse until a dough consistency is reached.
- Add the egg and pulse again until well blended.
- Press the dough into a pie dish or cake dish and set aside.
Instructions for the filling
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and well blended together.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and while mixing, warm it on a stove but remove it before it starts to boil.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and bake in pre-heated oven in 350 F (180) for about 25 - 30 minutes or until quite firm.
- Store in a refrigerator, at least 3 hours before serving.