Kale and zucchini quiche - grain-free and dairy-free
Easy kale and zucchini quiche that you can make from scratch. It is great for lunch, dinner or even breakfast. It's grain-free and dairy-free. You can use any veggies that you like or any other ingredients like ham, bacon, etc.
To make the crust
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil (can also use ghee or butter)
- sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor and process until a dough consistency is reached.
- Transfer into a pie plate and spread.
- Crust will thicken so press it quite thin around the pie plate.
- Bake in 350 F (175 C) for 8 minutes.
To make the filling
- 3 minced or finely cut garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup finely cut onion
- 1 cut zucchini
- 3 cups stemmed and cut kale
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 5 eggs
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbs avocado oil for sauteing
- In a pan, heat the avocado oil.
- Add garlic and onion and saute until caramelized.
- Add zucchini, kale, salt and pepper and cook until tender (about 10 minutes). Once done, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the coconut milk, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Bake in 365 F (185 C) for about 35 - 40 minutes or until done.