Pumpkin pie - grain-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar!
Grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free holiday dessert that's fairly easy to make and tastes delicious.
To make the crust
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil (can also use ghee or butter)
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor and process until a dough consistency is reached.
- Transfer into a pie plate and spread.
- Crust will thicken so press it quite thin around the pie plate.
- Bake in 350 F (175 C) for 8 minutes.
- Once done, set aside.
To make the filling
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk or cream
- 3 cups cooked pumpkin (or a pumpkin puree)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (feel free to add any other seasoning of your choice)
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- Transfer into a pot and warm the mixture (do not boil).
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in 350 F (175 C) for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool down completely and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.