Spaghetti squash with mushrooms and cashew garlic sauce
Spaghetti squash is definitely a better choice than regular pasta which lacks vitamins and other nutrients. Spaghetti squash is rich in powerful antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It contains a good amount of B-vitamins which improve mental function, help with blood sugar regulation, prevent migraines, lower cholesterol and help in production of structural proteins, red blood cells and prostaglandins that we need to manage inflammation.
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- 4 finely cut garlic cloves
- 3-4 cups cut mushrooms
- 1 tbs avocado oil (ghee or butter)
- sea salt and pepper
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Split the squash in half and scrape out seeds.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and place in a baking dish flesh side down.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Once done, remove from the oven and when safe to handle, scrape the strands of squash from inside of the skin into a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan with higher edges, heat the oil.
- Add garlic and saute until slightly caramelized.
- Add mushrooms, sea salt and pepper, turn the heat down and saute for about 10 minutes.
- When done, add the spaghetti squash and blend together.
- Season with more sea salt and pepper if needed and garnish with fresh herbs when ready to serve.
For the sauce:
Blend in a high speed blender or a food processor until smooth:
1 cup soaked raw cashews
2 cups water
1 garlic clove
1 tbs lemon juice