Spring veggie soup
Vitamin and antioxidant rich soup that's delicious, quick and easy to make, containing nutrient-dense ingredients. Great before any meal or as a light lunch or dinner.
Makes 3 - 4 servings.
- 3 finely cut garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cut leek
- 1 tbs ghee (or grass-fed butter or avocado oil)
- 2 medium size white potatoes (or 1 large sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup peeled and cut carrots
- 1 cup cut Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups stemmed and cut Swiss chard
- 1 1/2 quarts water or chicken bone broth (about 1 1/2 liters)
- sea salt and pepper
- fresh herbs for garnish
- In a soup pot, melt the ghee (butter or oil).
- Add garlic, onion and leek and saute until slightly caramelized.
- Add the remaining vegetables and mix together.
- Add water, sea salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to medium and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Once done, top with fresh herbs and ready to serve.