Tahini chocolate delights - grain-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- Lightly toast the cashew nuts and sesame seeds in a pan (dry, no oil).
- Place the cashews, sesame seeds and dates in a food processor and process until broken into smaller pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until a dough consistency is reached.
- Once done, press the dough into molds (mini muffin pan, ice cube tray, etc.) or spread it on a baking dish or simply form small balls with your hands.
- Place in a freezer for about 30 minutes to set or in the fridge overnight.
- Take out of the molds or cut into smaller pieces (if made in a baking dish).
- Store in the refrigerator.