Apricot peach cake - grain-free and refined sugar-free
Very easy, one bowl recipe that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and contains many great minerals, vitamins, healthy fats, protein and fiber. This cake is very tasty, moist, soft and not overly sweet.
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 plain almond or coconut yogurt about 5.3 oz (150 g)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 sliced peach
- 1 sliced apricot
Ingredients for the crumble (optional)
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 4 tbs organic butter (grass-fed)
- 6 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs shredded coconut (optional)
Direction for the crumble
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend it together to create a crumble consistency. It works great if you just use your hands.
Directions for the batter
- Cream the coconut oil together with the coconut sugar and maple syrup.
- Once well blended, add the eggs and mix well.
- While mixing, add the coconut or almond yogurt, coconut and almond flour, vanilla extract, pinch of salt and baking soda.
- When the batter is done, pour it in a greased or non-stick baking dish.
- Place the slices of peach and apricot on top, gently pressing it into the batter.
- Distribute the crumble evenly on top of the fruit.
- Bake in 365 F (180 C) for about 45 minutes or until done.