Blueberry banana bread - grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free
One bowl recipe that's easy to make and contains no dairy, no grains and no refined sugar. Whenever my three year old girl says she's bored and she doesn't feel like playing outside or at home, we bake. And we usually use whatever ingredients happen to be in the kitchen. Sometime it works, sometime we give it to the dog who is already drooling when he sees a bowl and a mixer.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Beat the eggs together with honey (or agave syrup) and maple syrup.
- Add mashed banana, coconut oil and mix well using a mixer.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder, mix well again.
- Add the blueberries and blend into the batter using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased or non-stick baking dish (glass loaf works great).
- Bake in 350 F (180 C) for 50 - 60 minutes.