Cherry coconut cake - grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
Quick and easy, one bowl recipe for a healthy dessert, snack or even breakfast. This cake does not contain any grains, dairy and refined sugar. Instead, it is full of great nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, fiber, protein and healthy fats. Cherries are wonderful summer fruit containing many powerful antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A and carotenoids. They also contain vitamin B6, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and lots of fiber. They reduce inflammation, support healthy sleep thanks to natural melatonin, lower risk of stroke, reduce joint and muscle pain, they are great for weight loss and contain many cancer-preventive compounds.
It's best to eat cherries fresh to get the most health benefits so get them while they last, they will be gone before you know it. In case you buy too many and they start to get soft, don't throw them away but make this cake instead.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (you can also add raw honey if you want more sweetness)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add maple syrup and coconut oil, coconut or almond milk and mix well.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick or greased baking dish and place the cherries on top. Gently press the cherries into the batter. You can also mix some cherries into the batter before pouring it into a baking dish.
- Bake in 365 F (185 C) for about 40 - 45 minutes or until done.
Top with coconut, fresh fruit or coconut whipped cream and enjoy this delicious summery treat.