Chocolate banana bread with cheese filling - no refined sugar, no grains
I barely had time to take pictures, that's how fast this bread went. Kids loved this chocolate bread even though it was not that sweet but it is moist, soft and quite flavorful so you won't miss the sugar at all. I have been making our bake treats less and less sweet, often only using bananas for sweetness and it works. The kids don't even notice and still think they're getting something special. It's gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free and contains great amount of fiber, protein, minerals and healthy fats. Plus it's very easy to make!
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup Farmer's cheese (I get it at a Russian store)
- 1 tbs maple syrup
How to make the filling
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together using a hand mixer.
- Set aside.
Ingredients for the bread
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbs raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Beat the eggs and add all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well again.
- Pour about half of the batter into a greased or non-stick loaf dish.
- Pour the filling on top of the batter and spread it evenly.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the filling and spread.
- Bake for about one hour in 365 F (185 C).