Chocolate banana pecan muffins - grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
Soft, moist, chocolaty and healthy muffins sweetened with bananas and maple syrup are great for a snack, dessert or even for breakfast. These muffins are loaded with fiber, healthy fats, protein and minerals so feel free to have more than one.
- 3 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or hazelnut flour)
- 2 - 3 tbs raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 - 1 cup pecans cut into smaller pieces
- Beat the eggs, add the mashed bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil and mix well.
- Gradually add all the remaining ingredients except for the pecans and mix well.
- Once a smooth batter is reached, blend the pecans in using a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into lined or non-stick muffin mold.
- Bake in pre-heated oven in 365 F (180 C) for about 25 minutes or until done.