Chocolate chip banana muffins - grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free
Don't throw away bananas that are too soft to eat, they make a great natural sweetener so you can use them in your baking. In addition, bananas are very nutritious containing lots of fiber and great nutrients such as potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, magnesium, manganese and biotin. This recipe is very easy and quick to make and the muffins are moist, soft and delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add mashed bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil and mix.
- While mixing, add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Add the chocolate chips as a last ingredient and mix into the batter using a spatula or a spoon.
- Pour batter into non-stick or greased muffin pan.
- Bake in 365 F (185 C) for about 25 minutes or until done.