Chocolate pear cake - grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
Very easy and quick cake recipe that is grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. This cake is sweetened with a little bit of maple syrup (or raw honey if you prefer) and fruit, in this case pears. Pears are rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory flavonoids, vitamins and dietary fiber. This cake also contains good amount of protein, minerals and healthy fats and it is a perfect dessert for this time of the year when pears are in season.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2-3 coarsely grated ripe pears
- 3 tbs raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the maple syrup and mix well.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, raw cacao or cocoa powder, grated pears and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well again.
- Transfer the batter into a greased or non-stick baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven in 365 F (180 C) for about 20 - 25 minutes or until done.