Coconut chocolate mousse pie - vegan, flourless, no refined sugar
One small piece of this rich and delicious pie will satisfy your sugar cravings and you won't even believe that it contains only healthy ingredients. It is dairy free, gluten-free, grain free and contains no refined sugar.
Ingredients for the pie crust
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups dried finely shredded coconut
How to make the crust
- Mix coconut with coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a non-stick 9-inch (23 cm) pie pan and press firmly and evenly against the bottom and sides.
- Bake at 300 F (150 C) for 20 - 25 minutes or until crust is a dark golden color.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
You can also leave the crust raw so no baking will be necessary.
Ingredients for the pie filling
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup coconut cream (remove the cream part from the coconut milk can)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup maple syrup (depending how sweet you want it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make the pie filling
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or a high speed blender and process until a creamy consistency is reached.
- Fill the pie crust with the pie filling and spread evenly.
Ingredients for the chocolate topping
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
How to make the chocolate topping
- Melt coconut oil in a small pot on the stove.
- Turn the heat to minimum.
- While mixing, add maple syrup and cocoa powder and whisk well for about a minute.
- Remove from the stove and let cool down a bit.
- Once the chocolate is cooler, sprinkle or spread it on top of the pie.
Store in a refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving.