Hazelnut apple walnut cake - gluten-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar
A dessert that's actually good for you, containing a great amount of vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and healthy fats. Hazelnuts are rich in unsaturated fats containing a high amount of essential linoleic acid. Hazelnuts have one of the highest vitamin E levels of the nuts and have also good levels of B vitamins. These nuts are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, manganese and potassium. Walnuts are also great nuts that are high in omega 3 fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Both of these nuts nourish the nervous system, they are good for the heart, they protect against cancer, are excellent for skin, bone and joint health and great for digestive system.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup grated hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup grated walnuts
- 1 grated apple
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- handful coarsely cut hazelnuts for the top
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil and mix well.
- Add oat flour, almond flour and baking powder and mix well again.
- Add walnuts, hazelnuts and apple and blend well into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into a non-stick or greased baking dish. A pie dish 9 x 1.5 in (22.9 x 3.6 cm) works great.
- Put coarsely cut hazelnuts on top of the batter and bake in 365 F (185 C) for about 20 - 25 minutes or until done.