Pomegranate chocolate - vegan, paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
If you love pomegranates like we do in our family, you will enjoy this healthy pomegranate chocolate full of flavor and most of all full of great nutrients. It is so rich and satisfying but the best part is that you don't have to feel guilty if you eat more than one piece. My kids love it and they say it's much better than any chocolate they ever tasted.
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 5 tbs raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbs maple syrup
- handful of walnuts broken into smaller pieces
- handful of hazelnuts cut in half
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a pot, boil some water. When boiling, turn the heat down and place a mixing bowl on top of the pot.
- Add the peanut and almond butter and while mixing let it melt.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao and mix or whisk it well.
- Keep mixing/whisking for about 2 minutes until well blended together.
- Transfer the chocolate into a glass or silicone dish.
- Add the nuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Put in a freezer for about 2-3 hours or in a fridge overnight.
- Cut into smaller pieces once hardened.