Raw tropical mango mini pies - paleo and vegan summer treat
It is rich, creamy, delicious, refreshing and most of all it is good for you! It contains loads of vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein and healthy fats. It is naturally sweet so no additional sweetener is necessary. This recipe makes three mini pies.
Ingredients for the crust
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until a dough consistency is reached.
- Press the dough crust into the bottom of the pie molds.
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 4 small mangoes (I used organic champagne ones so use less mangoes if they are bigger)
- Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the pie crust.
- Place in a freezer for at least 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Top with fresh fruit, nuts, shredded coconut or anything else you like and enjoy!