Strawberry, peach, banana muffins - gluten-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar
Let's take advantage of the amazing fruit available during the summer months and bake some healthy, fruity and tasty muffins that are gluten-free, dairy-free and contain no refined sugar. These muffins are great as a dessert, snack or breakfast and they are easy and quick to make.
Makes 12 muffins.
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour (grind gluten-free oats in a high speed blender or food processor)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cut peaches or nectarines (about two smaller size peaches)
- 1 cup cut strawberries
- Mix all the wet ingredients, the eggs, mashed bananas, maple syrup and coconut oil together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, almond flour, oat flour, ground flax seeds and baking powder together.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add cut peaches and strawberries and blend into the batter using a spatula or a spoon.
- Fill the lined, greased or non-stick muffin molds with the batter and bake in 365 F (185 C) for about 35 minutes or until done.