Brown rice breakfast porridge - gluten and dairy free
Brown rice porridge is a great way to start your day. It is an excellent source of essential minerals such as manganese, thiamin, niacin, iron, zinc, phosphorus, copper, calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron. It contains powerful antioxidants, B vitamins, folate, vitamin E and K. It is a low fat, a cholesterol free, sodium free and sugar free meal that will boost your energy and keep your immune system strong and well functioning. It is very easy and quick to make and it is quite delicious as well.
This will make about 2 servings.
- 1 cup brown rice grits (you can either buy it in a store or make your own by simply grinding brown rice in a high speed blender or food processor)
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (or rice, coconut, hemp, soy or any other milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or coconut sugar, honey or agave syrup)
- Pour the milk in a pot, add brown rice grits and maple syrup.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, mixing frequently.
Top with any kind of fruit, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, cocoa powder or anything that you find in your kitchen. It will taste great no matter what you choose!