Chia pudding with superseed blend - Omega-3s, protein and fiber boost!
Some people love it, some hate it mostly because of the texture. If you love it, consider yourself lucky because this breakfast (or snack) is gluten free, vegan, light yet filling, loaded with nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, protein, magnesium, fiber, zinc, iron, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin E and other antioxidants, copper, manganese, phosphorus, selenium and more. A bowl of this superfood breakfast will keep your heart healthy, it will lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes, it is anti-inflammatory, it will prevent cancer, it will keep your bones strong, your skin looking healthy and young, it will aid digestion and it will help you loose weight.
This recipe will make about 2 servings and can be stored in a fridge for a few days.
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded dried coconut
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or maple syrup or honey (optional if you don't have dates or want a sweeter taste)
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (or coconut milk or any milk of your choice)
- some nuts, fresh fruit, cinnamon or any other topping
- put almond milk and dates in a blender and blend until smooth (you can skip this step if you're not using dates)
- put chia seeds in a bowl and add almond milk date mixture (or add just the almond milk or any milk of your choice)
- mix it a little and let it sit for about ten minutes until the chia seeds absorb the milk and grow (you can soak the chia seeds in milk overnight if you want to save time in the morning)
- while the chia seeds are soaking, put hemp seeds, flax seeds, shredded coconut and coconut sugar (optional) in a blender and blend
- add the seeds and coconut mixture to the chia pudding and mix well (add maple syrup or honey if you prefer more sweetness and didn't use the dates or coconut sugar)
- top with nuts, fresh fruit, cinnamon or any other topping of your choice
There are many variations to this recipe so you can experiment and every time have a different flavor. You can also blend almond milk with blueberries or any other fruit and have a fruity pudding. You can add peanut or almond butter, cocoa powder, pumpkin puree, anything will taste amazing!
I hope you will enjoy it and let me know what you put in your chia pudding!