Do you find yourself hungry searching for a snack just two hours after you had a bowl of cereal for breakfast? Try this zucchini omelet that is full of great ingredients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, lots of protein and healthy fats which will keep you full and satisfied until your next meal. And if you prefer sweeter breakfast, this makes a great lunch as well. Just remember to use great quality eggs from a good source, preferably organic and free-range.
- 1 coarsely grated small zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs butter or coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper
- In a skillet, heat butter or coconut oil.
- Add garlic and onion and saute until slightly caramelized.
- Add grated zucchini and mix together with onion and garlic.
- Evenly spread the zucchini on the skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and pour it over the zucchini.
- Move the skillet in circular motion to evenly distribute the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper, turn the heat down and let it cook until done (about 10 minutes).
- Top with tomatoes, avocado, fresh herbs and anything else you desire.