Brown rice rainbow bowl with a peanut sauce
This bowl makes a great lunch that not only tastes great, it is also packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and healthy fats. It is very easy and quick to make, especially if you have leftover rice. You can add any veggies you have on hand but try to include as much color as possible to get broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals. The peanut sauce adds a great flavor and provides good amount of protein and healthy fat which will give you a long lasting energy and will balance this high carbohydrate dish.
Ingredients for the peanut sauce
Makes 2 cups
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 inches fresh peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup organic peanut butter (or freshly ground roasted peanuts)
- 3/8 cup organic soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (rice or apple cider)
- 1/2 - 1 cup whole coconut milk (depends how thick you prefer it)
- Place garlic, ginger and cilantro in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add all remaining ingredients and pulse until well blended and smooth consistency is reached.
- If you prefer a warm sauce, warm it in a pan over low heat.
To make the brown rice rainbow bowl
- You will need about a cup of cooked brown rice for one serving or more if you prefer. The quantity depends on your needs.
- Put the rice in a bowl and add any fresh, raw veggies you want on top.
- Pour the peanut sauce over it.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, fresh herbs and any seasoning you like.