Chicken risotto - quick and easy kid friendly meal
This is a great nutritious meal that is quick and easy to make. I usually make this dish when I have leftover rice and chicken and don't have much time to cook. My kids love peas and corn so that's what I put in it but you can add any veggies of your choice, it will taste great with anything!
- 2 cups rice (white or brown)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 finely chopped small onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup peas (frozen work fine)
- 1 cup corn (frozen)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan with higher edges, heat cooking oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add washed rice, chicken stock, water, salt and pepper and mix it.
- Reduce the heat and let it cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until done. Add more water or chicken stock if needed. If you are using brown rice instead of the white one, it will need to cook longer.
- When the rice is about to be done, add frozen peas and corn as they don't need much time to cook.
- While your rice is cooking, heat a little bit of cooking oil in another pan.
- Add salted chicken breasts, cook them on both sides until done.
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces and add it to the rice.
- Sprinkle the risotto with shredded cheese and it's ready to serve.