Chicken with carrot, parsnip and celery sauce - paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free
Healthy and very nutritious dish that even the kids will love. This is a well balanced meal containing a good amount of protein, healthy fats, unrefined complex carbs, lots of vitamins, many valuable minerals and fiber.
- 6 boneless organic chicken thighs
- 4 medium size coarsely grated carrots
- 2 coarsely grated parsnips
- 1 coarsely grated celery root
- 4 tsp ghee
- 6 bay leaves
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish (casserole dish works great) and season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the grated carrots, parsnips and celery root together using a spoon or spatula.
- Evenly distribute the veggie mix on top of the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the ghee and bay leaves on top.
- Put the dish in a preheated oven and bake for about 1/2 hour in 400 F (200 C).
- After 1/2 hour, add 1/2 cup of water and move the veggies around. You can also flip the chicken over as well.
- Bake for another 20 - 30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Once done, take it out of the oven and remove all the bay leaves.
- Remove the veggies, put them in a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed and it's ready to serve.