Salmon with cashew mushroom sauce - grain-free and dairy-free
This recipe is all about the sauce. It's delicious, full of valuable nutrients, minerals and healthy fats and it is also easy and quick to make. Any dish will taste better with this sauce. So, use it with fish, meat, poultry, veggies, rice or pasta.
This makes about 2 cups.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cut mushrooms
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp organic butter or coconut oil
- Soak the cashew overnight or in hot water for at least 1 hour.
- Put the cashews, 1 garlic clove, lemon juice, salt and water in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
- In a pan, heat the butter or coconut oil and add 1 minced garlic clove.
- Add sliced mushrooms, sea salt, some pepper and saute over medium heat for a few minutes until tender. You can add a little bit of water for more moisture.
- When the mushrooms are done, turn the heat down to minimum and add the cashew sauce.
- Warm the sauce, stir to blend it together but don't overcook it as it would change consistency and become too thick.
- Season with more salt, pepper or any other seasoning of your choice and pour over your dish.
This time I made it with wild salmon and brown rice. I made the salmon on a skillet which doesn't take long at all and the salmon stays moist. You can also make it in the oven which should take no longer than 10 to 15 minutes.