Vegan and gluten-free spinach lasagna with pine nut garlic cream sauce
If you are a pasta lover looking for a healthier pasta alternative, you will really enjoy this recipe. It is dairy free, vegan, gluten free, yet incredibly delicious and very easy and quick to make. The flavors are surprisingly rich and compliment each other quite well. This recipe will make about 4 - 5 servings.
Ingredients for spinach lasagna
- 12 lasagna sheets (I use organic brown rice pasta sheets containing only organic brown rice and water)
- 1/2 medium size onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 10 cups spinach
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
InstructionAdd cooked spinach on the first layer of the lasagna sheets and continue with the second layer in the same way.
- Once done, sprinkle salt and pepper on the last layer, put it in a preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes in 400 F (200 C).
Ingredients for pine nut garlic cream sauce
- 1 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pepper (optional)
- Roast pine nuts in a pan until slightly brown.
- Place pine nuts, together with garlic, lemon juice and salt in a blender.
- Add about 1 cup of water and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Add pepper and more salt if you prefer.
Once the lasagna is done, pour the sauce on top of it and it's ready to serve. You can heat the sauce on a stove if you want it warmer. I hope you will enjoy this easy and healthy dish!