Veggie and goat cheese pizza - gluten-free, grain-free
Easy and quick to make pizza that is grain-free and containing only healthy, nutrient dense ingredients. You can get really creative with the topping and add anything you currently have in your kitchen so no need for any extra shopping.
Ingredients for the pizza crust
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbs organic butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Place pizza stone in an oven and heat it in 450 F (230 C) for about 10 minutes (skip this if you don't have the pizza stone).
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a small pot, heat the almond milk, water, butter or ghee and garlic and mix well. When the butter or ghee melts completely, remove it from the stove.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the whisked egg and mix well using a spatula.
- Evenly spread the dough on a parchment paper into a thin pizza crust.
- Very carefully take out the heated pizza stone from the oven (make sure you don't burn yourself) and place the pizza on the stone. If you don't have the stone, place the pizza on a cooking sheet.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven and add the topping of your choice.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes or until done.
As for the topping, in this recipe I used cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, parsley, olives and goat cheese. Get creative and use whatever you desire to have on your pizza or whatever you find in the fridge. I'm sure it will be great!