Probiotic salad for healthy gut
This super healthy salad supplies a wide variety of gut-friendly probiotics that are very beneficial to our overall health. Several friendly intestinal bacteria perform many important functions so it's desirable to have it in the digestive tract in large amounts. The health benefits of probiotics include:
- help in the production of some B vitamins and vitamin K
- destroy harmful bacteria, yeast and fungi
- boost immune system
- improve digestion
- prevent and treat inflammatory bowel conditions and urinary tract infections
- improve eczema and acne
- help with allergies (particularly to foods)
- reduce cholesterol levels
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 cup fermented beets
- 2 cups chopped Chinese cabbage
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1 finely cut red pepper
- 1 inch shredded ginger root
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Put sauerkraut and beets in a salad bowl, add Chinese cabbage, carrots, red pepper and ginger root.
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, some salt, pepper and mix it well.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or any other herb of your choice.