Simple cauliflower dish - only 5 ingredients
It is great as a side dish served with poultry, fish or meat or just with potatoes as a light and healthy lunch. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that should be included in our diet on regular basis as it has many health benefits. Cruciferous vegetables are known to prevent cancer, particularly breast, colon, bladder, prostate and ovarian cancer. Cauliflower supports detoxification of the body due to its high content of antioxidants and photonutrients and it also has anti-inflammatory properties. It is quite high in vitamin C and vitamin K, it contains good amounts of folate, vitamin B6, manganese, phosphorus, biotin, potassium, fiber and omega-3 fats.
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon organic butter (or coconut oil, avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil)
- fresh herbs for garnish (parsley, green onion, chives)
- sea salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into bigger pieces.
- Boil it in salted water until tender but make sure it is not overcooked. Drain the water when done.
- In a saucepan with higher edges, melt the butter or oil and saute the garlic and onion until slightly caramelized.
- Add cauliflower and mash it into smaller pieces using a fork or potato masher.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and cook for about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley, green onions and chives.