Spaghetti squash with spinach and goat cheese
Very easy and relatively quick to make side dish that will be great with meat, fish or poultry. It can even be eaten as a main dish with potatoes or rice if you enjoy lighter meals. It is grain-free, gluten-free and full of awesome nutrients that will keep you healthy and full of energy.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4-6 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1 tbs butter, ghee or coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Split the squash in half and scrape out seeds.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and place in a baking dish.
- Roast for about 20-30 minutes or until cooked.
- Once done, remove from the oven and scrape the strands of squash from inside of the skin but leave it in.
- In a skillet, heat the butter, ghee or coconut oil.
- Add the garlic and the spinach and saute until tender.
- Transfer the spinach into the squash and mix it in.
- Add the goat cheese and slightly blend it in.
- Put back in the oven for about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with more sea salt and pepper if needed and it's ready to serve.