Coconut shrimp soup - grain free, dairy free
This simple but flavorful soup is a perfect way to begin a meal or enjoy it as a light lunch or dinner. It is a powerful and comforting remedy for colds and sore throat.
- 2 cups raw uncooked shrimp
- 1 large cut carrot
- 1 cup cut broccoli
- 1/2 cup cut bok choy (optional)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1.5 quart chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chile flakes (optional)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional, you can use sea salt instead)
- 3 finely chopped green onions
- handful of finely chopped cilantro
- cooking oil
- sea salt if needed
- In a soup pot, heat a little bit of cooking oil, add minced garlic and ginger. Saute for a bit.
- Add shrimp (cut the tails off if you prefer) and chicken stock.
- Bring the stock to a boil, turn the heat to medium, add broccoli, carrots and bok choy.
- Add coconut milk, lemon juice, chili flakes and fish sauce. Simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
- Season with sea salt if needed.
You can eat it as it is or add rice noodles if you wish. I hope you will enjoy this simple and tasty recipe.