Detox soup - supports digestion and liver detoxification
Delicious soup that's easy and quick to make. This soup will support the digestive system and help the liver with detoxification thanks to its powerful and healing, plant-based ingredients. This soup is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) grated ginger
- 2 cups coarsely grated beets
- 2 cups red cabbage cut into thin slices
- 1 cup coarsely grated celery root
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots (optional)
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon organic vegetable base - bouillon (optional)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 quarts water (2 liters)
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (or coconut cream)
- fresh dill for garnish
- sea salt and pepper
- some more coconut cream for the top
- 1 tbs coconut oil or organic butter (grass-fed)
- In a soup pot, heat the oil.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and saute for a short while.
- Add red cabbage, celery root, beets, carrots and saute for about a minute.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to medium, add the sauerkraut, tomato sauce, vegetable base and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and blend into the soup. The best way to do this is to pour some of the hot liquid from the soup into a small bowl and mix it with the coconut cream. When it is well mixed, pour it back into the soup. This will prevent curdling of the cream.
- Garnish with fresh dill and coconut cream.