Cauliflower is a great vegetable and does not deserve to be overlooked and replaced by its green broccoli brother. It is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables known for many health benefits. Cauliflower contains many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants so it's really worth regularly including it in your diet. It will help kill cancer stem cells, improve your heart health, it will keep inflammation in check, it will boost your brain health and detox your body.
This soup recipe is super quick and easy and surprisingly delicious. Here is what you will need.
- 1 small onion or 1/2 of a big one
- 1 medium size cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs avocado oil (butter or ghee)
- salt and pepper
- handful of fresh parsley
- Heat the avocado oil in a soup pot, add finely chopped onion and saute until caramelized.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower (big pieces are fine) and place it in the pot.
- Add 2 quarts of water if you prefer thicker soup or 3 quarts of water for more watery consistency.
- Add salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender but make sure it's not overcooked.
- Once done, turn the heat down, use a potato masher to mash the cauliflower until you have thick soup but not totally smooth. You can leave little pieces of cauliflower in the soup to add some texture. You can also use a hand mixer if you prefer.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and add into the soup. Mix it in. The eggs will be done very fast as the soup is hot, in about 1 minute or so.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed, chopped parsley and it's ready to serve.