Simple butternut squash soup - full of antioxidants, great for clear and beautiful skin
Tasty butternut squash soup that is great for your overall health but mostly for maintaining clear, glowing and beautiful skin. This soup is full of antioxidants, especially vitamin A and C that are essential for your skin health. Rough, dry, scaly skin, acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions can be significantly improved by consuming foods rich in these vitamins.
Makes about 5 to 6 servings.
- about 2 lb (900 g) cut butternut squash
- 1/2 coarsely cut smaller onion
- 1 - 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 - 4 tbs coconut oil
- sea salt
- 4 cups water
- Place all the ingredients except for the water in a baking or casserole dish.
- Roast in the oven in 385 F for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Blend with water.
- Add more water if too thick or until a desired consistency is reached.
- Season with more sea salt if needed.